Wednesday, October 4

Eye Eye!!


Well you would think it was Masterchef around here at the moment with the amount of time I am spending out the kitchen coming up with some culinary disaster or another. At least it has all been quite nice and at the least edible anyhow. Today was a bit of a disaster though. I wanted to try a different approach to the way I usually serve up Herb Meatballs and Tomato Sauce. It’s a bit of a favourite around here as I have made them so many times now and experimented along the way to come up with what I think are now delicious meatballs. I also cook the tomatoes for a couple of hours which intensify the flavour making it really rich and strong. The difference today was to be the addition of some Parmesan Baskets filled with Creamy Garlic Baby Button Mushrooms and Parsley and some Brochette coated with Garlic and Parmesan. The parmesan baskets were an absolute nightmare. I tried 3 attempts at making them and gave up in the end after throwing £3 worth of Parmesan down the drain and as such the addition main ingredient was missing so it was just the usual Meatball and sauce which was nice but I wanted to get the other stuff right too as to be honest it was going round and round in my mind all night and kept me awake. Grrrrrrrr!!!!!!!.

My chest appears to be about the same and maybe just a little better in fact due to the Tablet change the other day. In saying that though I have been coughing a bit today, so much so that it has caused me to have a Bloodshot Eye. It looks really scary and to be honest when I did get to look at it after my mum had pointed out that it looked bad I was scared stiff and phoned the doctor straight away as I thought it might be something sinister. He rang back a short while later and went through a few details with me about blood tests etc and blood pressure which I hadn’t long taken and was normal and I had no pain just slight irritation. The doctor’s opinion was that I have Subconjunctival Haemorrhage which was probably caused by a coughing episode and is perfectly normal and not dangerous. There is no treatment as such and it should clear up in a week or two. Gives me a great chance to blame Judith for beating me up again Ha Ha Ha and get some sympathy. It looks really frightening too all Red!!!

Mum and Dad came up this afternoon which was nice too. Dad wanted to see what he would need to get to give Judith a hand to put up her Birthday Present that I got her. Well I know your all thinking I wonder what that is then must be something nice. Well I think it is really nice but not just that it is practical as well. It’s a Shed, but not just a Shed it’s a lovely Big Green Shed. Well I did ask what she wanted for her Birthday and she said A Shed, so that’s what I got her. She’s just got to put it together now, its like a bloody big Mechano Project and you want to see the size of the bag of screws involved. Should be fun to watch when they get around to doing it. I will be in charge of Refreshments and Snacks which will be vital to keep up their energy levels for the task in hand and entertaining my Mother too. Now where did I put that pile of ironing???

I’ve been busy the last few days trying to build the latest web site. It’s nothing too fancy just an extension of this blog really. I intend to eventually move the blog over to that and to setup my own server and host the site myself but until then I have it hosted elsewhere. The Site is active now although it is a work in progress. Feel free to pop by and have a look. You will find it here www.disabledrants.co.uk. You can access the blog from there as well as pictures and other stuff. Give it a try if you dare.

Okay I better go start planning next week’s menu as I’m off shopping tomorrow evening.

See Ya!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice thing about a shed is that you can fill it full of crates of beer - and have a real shedfull! O&U

Anonymous said...

Doh - forgot to fill in the name, but you can guess who!

Jonny5 said...

You been on the Pimms again??

Oh yes the Fridge will be getting pride of place for all the Tinnies i'm sure.

See Ya!!