Saturday, October 21

Royal Treatment!!

Well what a refreshing change after the pretty damn poor service I have had the last the few days.  After my outburst at the nurse involved with not doing things like getting my hot pack and putting on the dressings that had been hanging around for hours and also for starting the Immunoglobulin so late causing me as you know a sleepless night, things seemed to change drastically today.

Usually, as you know because they have to wear mask when they come in (or at least I hope think that’s the reason, it might just be that they don’t like me??) they don’t come in unless they really have to which at times just makes the feelings of like being in prison a lot worse mind you there are times that I wish they didn’t come in such as before about 9am in the mornings would be nice, but today there seemed to be someone coming in every 30 minutes or so.  They were saying things like just come in to see if you are okay or do you want anything at all? Or even just come I to see if you wanted a natter and that, which I found quite strange, came from probably the only nurse on that I had never met before so wouldn’t have much to say anyway ha ha ha…  it started off okay but to be truthful by the end of the day it was quite sickening with being given the Royal Treatment and can’t wait to go back to complete isolation. I guess what made it worse was that because of the lack of sleep all I wanted to do was to try and at least get a few hours in during the day to try and catch up but they were back and foe so much this was not an option.

I think that the nurse who had rightly bore the brunt of my ranting and raving earlier on as she was the one who it was about, thought that I might have a problem with her personally and did say that she was on in the morning too and did I want to have another nurse looking after me instead of her.  I just thought to myself, “You haven’t really been listening to me have you because at no time did I indicate that and along with the particular problems that directly lay with her I went on about the general problems with associated with being locked on here”.  I did say no I don’t want another nurse at all that is not the point and besides I thought that as I had brought all this up she will probably be up to speed tomorrow and I might get things done.

After a pretty non eventful day I went off to sleep quite early actually, around 10.30pm and pretty much managed to sleep right through.  Even the night staff were on their toes last night and I had my IV Anti-biotics really early and had a cup of coffee too which was nice.  Aint it strange, when I’m home I don’t drink coffee or tea or anything hot actually but when I come in here I really look forward to my cuppa 4 times a day.  I know I’m a sad git!!!  Ohhhh look out the slop stirrer has just asked if I want a cuppa and after toddling off to get my order of a Latte please with a sprinkling of Chocolate on top,(That’ll be the day), she has just come back saying “ Sorry I haven’t got any coffee yet until I go down to the office”.  You What.  That is a basic ingredient in the making of tea and coffee and you should have some on the trolley before you start your rounds.  
I feel another blog of dissatisfaction coming on look out.


I’m off to start it now.

See Ya!!

No comments: