Monday, October 9

I'm Off!!

Well I guess in a lot of ways it is good news but it is still quite hard to think that way.  What am I going on about you might ask yourself?  Well as you know I went to see The Wizard today and for once I did speak up for myself with some help I must add from the Delectable Sheri.  I explained to him all my concerns about my health at the moment and the possible future, if there is such a thing for me long term if things were to continue along these lines and he was very understanding.  He actually agreed that I need to pay a visit into Heath Towers for a general Service and Oil Change etc.  He explained that he wants me to get a CT Scan done and various other blood test along with some very intense Physio Input to try and make use of what is left so I don’t loose it completely.  I pointed out too my concerns about coming in and having to wait for the right treatment regime to start and then there is the fact of wanting to have the only room that has toilet facilities ensuite so to speak as the others are all serviced by Commodes YUKKKKKK!!!!  The other major point for me is the Real Need to have a Pic Line inserted preferably before I go in or at the very least the minute I get there as I only have one real accessible vein left as I have said.

Well the plan was to get Sheri on the case as regards sorting out the bed problem and the Pic line etc and The Wizard will liaise with the chest team at the other hospital and the Physio team and the Ct Scan etc and he would try and get me in as soon as possible, probably later this week, which suits me fine as it gives me a chance to sort things out at home and go in prepared for a change and not all rushed as I always forget loads, and besides I just moved off all my music from the laptop to the Server last night and I will have nothing to listen too so I need to reload it all again.  

Well Blow Me, Sheri came back in a couple of minutes and said that she has managed to find the equally Delightful Ailsa who wants to put the Pic Line in straight away.  Whoopee!! That’s one thing out of the way at least.  Then she went off and when she returns about 10 mins later she had managed to get me a Bed on the ward too.  There was a slight snag though before you all go jumping for joy.  It was one of the room that relies on the old Fashioned mode of Waste disposal if you get what I mean YYYYYUUUUUKKKKK!!!!  What do I do,Argggggg.  Well I chanced my luck and pleaded that they tried to rearrange things or should I say people around so that I could get the room with a loo and a view!!  Well she must have argued me case very well because they agreed to do it and on top of that they said it would be okay for me to come in the morning too as long as I left a few things in the room to make it look like I was actually there so they wouldn’t have to give the room away, all technicalities and red tape I know but they are lovely and good to me, and I must get them all a nice big box of choccy’s.

So about the Pic Line.   Well as I said the delightful Ailsa was waiting Javelin I hand ready for the mammoth task of trying to firstly break through the alligator skin that I have developed as a result of the GVHD and then to be so accurate as to get it in the Last remaining Vein and all this after partaking of a few alcoholic beverages last night too!!!!  Well she closed her eyes and did it via mental guidance from some higher power and hey presto “SHE MISSED”.  Well I tell a small lie really, she did sort of get it in but wasn’t too happy with the positioning so decided to take it out and move up a little higher which caused a real gusher and lots of spilt milk!!!!  Right, okay, after a quick sharpening of the spear she was in a trance again summoning up all the spiritual guidance surrounding her and suddenly stood up bolt upright and with one swift forward motion she stabbed in just the right spot and I heard a pop and hey presto “We Were OOZING”.  Well next, off to X-ray to make sure she had placed it in the right general area and that it wasn’t going to pop out of my nose at any minute.  After a short while and an x-ray later I returned for the Verdict.  Ailsa and Kam (one of the registrar’s without a pet name at the moment) went off into a huddle to look at the ghastly pictures and they came back all smiling, “The Man From Delmonte, He Say Yesssssss”.  She had hit it bang on up the middle.  After the usual minor alterations and the addition of a sort of secure clasp which stops the Pic Line from being pulled out accidentally which has been a problem with me in the past it was off home to get ready for tomorrow.

I have a good feeling about this visit this time and if things keep going this way we might actually get somewhere for a change and it might end up with some even little improvement.

For all those who were expecting the rant and rave about the efficient workings of the Hospital transport System, I’m sorry to have to disappoint you, and believe me I really am sorry they were actually highly efficient today and got me there on time and home quickly afterwards and all in one piece safely and courteously too. DAMN DAMN DAMN!!!!

Okay then I guess this is goodbye for a few days at least although I have just bought a new laptop 3G card which should enable me to get on the internet whilst in Heath Towers and it should be here in a few days.  I’m hoping then that I will be able to at least blog every now and then via email to try and keep you all informed of my vast improvements and all the juicy gossip which I know you want to hear about more!!!!

Right I’m off now.

See Ya!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hehe - you must have posted this while I was writing my essay on Apache and web hosting. Best you order that Apache book for a bit of light reading then!

Hope all goes well with the service - I'm looking forward to reading the posts courtesy of the 3G card in the laptop!

Anonymous said...

Yo cous

Lots of luck. It was lovely to see you today.Take care and get yourself sorted.

keep us updated on your progress but no photos please ha ha

thinking of you
fav cous
ps will send you a postcard