Wednesday, October 18

shape up or ship out!!


Now as you all well know I am quite a laid back sort of guy and although I have the rant and rave I am actually not that out spoken at all.  In fact I quite rarely actually speak up for myself for one reason or another which I know has probably ended up not getting the sort of attention and treatment I deserve.  I know that this alone really winds Judith up but thankfully she has always come to the rescue when it has been needed not that this is ideal.

There are a number of things that have happened or more accurately not happened whilst I’ve been in Heath Towers this time.  I am  not talking of life or death type things and in some ways not even directly connected to my treatment but to be honest added together they have begun to really wind me up and make me start to demand things be done.

I suppose I noticed it a couple of days ago.  When the Slop Stirrer came around with the feeble offering at tea time, the tray and dirty plates etc were still on the window sill from lunchtime.  Then later on, usually around 6.30 – 7pm they come around with a cuppa which is the last you will get unless you talk very very nicely to the night staff who if they have time will make you one, well they just did not come and by the time I had noticed it was too late they had gone home.  Well the next day came and I thought I would keep an eye on it today.  Well I am sorry to say that by the time the night staff came in there was the breakfast dishes, the lunch dishes and the teatime dishes all neatly lined up on the window sill waiting to be collected and doubtlessly growing all sorts of nasty things whilst they are waiting.  Now I find this just not acceptable at all as well as not being hygienic.  The problem seems to be with one particular slop stirrer in particular although others have also done the same.  This person just really does not like putting on the required face mask in order to come into the room even though it is only for about 10 seconds and to make it worse she is so nice to me and always stops for a natter whenever I have seen her out and about so its not as if I have upset her or anything.  Well enough is enough I actually told the nurse in charge that I was not happy and wanted something done about it. If not then I will demand to see the Catering supervisor.  I had similar problems on other occasions when I have been in here and they have actually not even offered me food at all some days and the excuse was that the slop stirrer was new and didn’t know the ward layout.  Well you got eyes haven’t you????


As if this wasn’t enough I had a pretty miserable day I’m sorry to say on a nursing point of view too.  Now as I have said numerous times I know the poor nurses on the ward and the day unit hardly have time to blink let alone run around at my every whim but the last few days seem to have been a nightmare.  I think maybe with the food thing happening at the same time has made this more of a problem but hell it is a problem that I need sorting.
I had a Pic-Line put in before I came in here so that they can give me the required poisons and also steal my Red Nectar whenever they wanted without the need to throe javelins at me every 5 minutes.  Seeing as I have only the 1 vein left that is accessible and that’s the one they put the Pic-Line in you can understand me when I say that I want to try my damn hardest and do everything that is recommended to make sure it continues to work properly as the alternative is very very bleak.  The main recommendation to maintain a good flow of blood through it is to put on Hot Packs, which are just small bags of this Blue Gooo that can either be warmed in the Microwave or in a jug of water etc.  They need to be put on 4 times a day for 20 minutes at a time although the more you do it I always find the better so aim for around 5 or 6 at home.  Well I started asking at around 10am if one could be warmed up for me please bearing in mind it takes probably all of around 2.5 minutes in total to do including walking to the kitchen and back.  The original answer was I am a bit busy at the moment and will do it when I have a spare minute.  Fair enough I don’t want you to drop everything for me.  Well after this I must have asked about 6 or 7 times for it to be done sort of every 30 minutes or so still with no success.  All I kept getting was I am and have been very busy this morning.  WELL WHOPY DOO!!! I thought.  THE LAST TIME I LOOKED I WAS A PATIENT TOO AND NOT JUST SOME STRANGER WHO HAD WALKED IN OFF THE STREETS FOR SOME ATTENTION!!!!!   It’s time for jonny5 to come alive I think and start to demand attention.  To make things worse the nurse involved was complaining that the Pic-Line was really slow at giving away my precious Red Gold which I hastily pointed out that if she had bothered to give me a hot pack then that would have sped this up 10 fold so it’s not just for my benefit it’s in their interest to look after it too.

I think they will be seeing a drastic change to chilled out laid back john as I will have to begin standing up for myself.

Okay then that’s better now I got that off my chest.

Talking about chests mine was a bit more rattly last night than of late.  I think it might be down to the fact that the physio had done some chest percussions earlier on to try and bring up what is lurking in the bottom of my lungs which is the first time since coming and as a result has probably dislodged a bit that was refusing to make the complete escape to freedom or into a little plastic tube to be interrogated by various Bug Doctors.  Does the Geneva Convention cover Bugs caught in wartime???

I might, as I know there are a few people who I have spoken too recently who are new to reading this, put on an update about the Names of various Characters involved in my interpretation of War & Peace just so they can at least try an keep up.

Oh yeah, I will when I get out too try and post a few recent piccy’s of a rather important wedding that took place just before I came in here.  It was between two very much in love Ducks who you might remember.  Bud & Shirley.  It was simply a quacking day!!!!

See Ya!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

About time they got to gether.
Well done in standing up for yourself. I will bring in a clarks pie tomorrow for you. it will be warm and wraped up well so it won't leave a trail like to dinner trolley going past.
Mum