Thursday, October 12

Only A Youngster!!

Okay I guess you could say that I am settled I�m now and more to the point
reminding the nurses how much they have been missing me and have had it so
easy.

I feel like it�s my job to come in every now and then to keep them on their
toes and besides I think I brighten up the price like a bunch of Venus
Flytraps.

So what s been happening then. Well I had a load of pictures and scans of
my heart late on Wednesday night which was fun as the equipment is so large
it involved a complete room re arrange which I thought was quite funny as I
just sat on the bed whilst they did all the moving around. Well someone has
to supervise don�t they? Thankfully the Cardiologist did say that in his
opinion my Heart condition had not worsened since my last tests some 7
months or so ago, and that it would not really be a factor in causing the
current symptoms which is all pretty good news really in that that�s one
thing out of the way.

I also was subjected to a Lung Function Test yesterday too which is always
good entertainment for everyone involved apart from me that is. Who would
think it was possible to get in some of the messes I do just by huffing and
puffing into this little cardboard tube thingy?? It usually results in me
being a tangled mess either on the bed or chair wherever I started from
struggling for what ever little morsel of oxygen there id going spare.

Well I was honoured by a flying visit from the Great Merlin earlier on which
was a surprise as I was told he wouldn�t be here till Friday, See, he just
can�t keep his hands off me for one minute can he? He went trough the
results from the Cardiologist, which I have said that I knew already really
and went on to mention about the Lung Function Test Results which were quite
interesting. It appears at the moment that I have the Lung Capacity of a 5
Year Old Oh Dearrrrrrrr!!!! That might account for not being able to
breathe too well I guess because no matter how hard I try not even I could
get away with calling myself 5 yrs old. He is happy that they are doing to
right thing as in the course of antibiotics they have me on and the physio
involvement which has also started,(god those people are sadists aren�t
they)? He thinks I might well be going down for the CT Scan later on today
but it has certainly been arranged and then depending on the results of that
they will decide whether to do another of the old Tube Down Into The Lungs
Trick, which for those who are fortunate to have had one of them you will
know what I mean by saying you don�t really want to go volunteering to have
another one done if you can help it let alone about the 12 I�ve had, then
again you know how I like to get my monies worth. Only 2 under sedation too
the rest I had to be awake, Now there�s an experience to cherish if ever
there was one..

The food was lovely today especially the Bar-B-Que Chicken my Mum and Dad
smuggled in and the Tortilla Wrap Judith got past the X-Ray machines the
only problem was I had to eat the muck they dished out too as there is no
way I could survive on just that and that�s where the lovely comment comes
to an abrupt end.

I had a visit too from the lovely Sarah this afternoon. I had planned to be
seeing her today anyhow but she decided when she knew I was coming in that
she would come in and see me here and to be honest the way things have been
at the moment I really needed to have a session with her to empty my thought
bank so to speak. I thought it would be quite difficult to actually be as
open and frank as I would usually be if I was seeing her on the outside so
to speak but there was nothing to worry about on that score because no
sooner had Judith left as she was still here when Sarah arrived that the
flood gates opened and there was this overwhelming tidal wave of stuff just
seemed to keep coming and coming. I know this has sometimes happened in the
past when I haven�t been able to meet up with her for a while so I was
expecting it a little but just not that much. I find these session
extremely helpful although they can be very very tiring not just emotionally
but also physically strangely enough and often feel like I just want to
sleep for a while after each session and today for the first time I can
remember she had only been gone about 2 mins and I was snoring my head off
ha ha ha!!

This is I think one of the most invaluable services that I have needed and
used etc through this all and sadly it generally hasn�t been offered to
people and its been left to you to go searching for it. I know I have
passed this information on to Sheri and Sarah to pass on to others in the
future so things should change because after all it about treating the Whole
Person including the Mental Wellbeing and not just the Medical approach
which is the norm sadly these days.

As you have probably gathered by the fact I am posting at the moment that my
new toy did arrive and I am able to connect up the internet ect but it is so
damn expensive that I will only be using to bog and pick up the odd email
for now till I work out how to use it more efficiently that is.

Okay that was a long one today for a change.

See Ya!!

_________________________________________________________________
The new Windows Live Toolbar helps you guard against viruses
http://toolbar.live.com/?mkt=en-gb

No comments: