Monday, October 30

They Spoilt It!!

Morning peeps.  I think you will be pleased to know that today’s blog may well be a short one as my Pic line is playing up, so they have put the drip through a pump which stops, causing an alarm to go off every time I bend my arm, so I am typing with one finger.

I’m in two minds as to what to write as it was both good and bad today.  Well I’ll try and give both sides.  Nothing, that is apart from the Heath Towers Express, happened in the morning so most of it was spent just watching the telly and snoozing.

Then lunch time the slop stirrer knocked on the door, “what do you want for Dinner”, she asked.  I so wanted to say “Something edible might make a change”, but I was very polite and just asked what delights were available.  After the endless list of about 5 things I decided on Roast Lamb, lots of Roast Parsnips, Green Beans and Gravy.  I just love roast parsnips and would be happy with a plate full of them with gravy.  She came back with this huge piled up plate full of exactly what I had asked for which is a change and it looked gorgeous too.  Well bugger me it was outstanding.  Lamb simply falling apart, parsnips perfectly roasted beans just cooked and not overly as usual.  Even the gravy was twice as thick as the usual slop they serve up and tasty too.  Well you see, it can be done right so why is it so hard for others to do the same??  I fell into my afternoon snooze with a feeling of hope for the future and a huge belly from all that food.

Well apart from being woken by the doctor It was pretty much an afternoon of chilling.  

All of a sudden a head poked around the door and asked “what do you want for supper”.  After being given the list which usually is 3 items plus Veg and Spuds etc one of which is always Boiled Ham, although what they mean by boiled ham is slaughter house floor sweepings. You know the stuff all nice and pink and shaped round and sold in packets of 6 or 8 and tastes of, well nothing at all really.  I opted for the Beef Lasagne. Just that, nothing else.  No chips because they are so dry and no mashed potatoes and gravy of all things.  They actually served that to me last week. Lasagne, Green Beans, Mash and Beef Gravy.  Not a combination made in heaven I think.  Well it arrived and again a double portion of Beef Lasagne and nothing else.  Well bugger me again.  They will have to stop this as that’s 2 bugger me’s in one day, that’s not healthy.  It was simply delicious.  Again very well cooked.

So all in all the food was outstanding today, apart from the toast in the morning which was cold and limp but that’s a permanent problem and one I usually can overcome by asking one of the nurses later in the morning for some, which is not ideal I know.  It gives me hope for the future that it can be done.

Well that was that.


Ohhhhhh Noooooo!!!!!!!!!!!

I waited and waited for my evening cuppa to arrive and also for my dirty dishes from supper too to be taken away.  Finally I rang the buzzer to see if they could tell me if she had been around.  “Yes” they said, “they came around ages ago”.   Well the buggers never came in her to ask me. See, they just had to go and spoil what was going to be an amazing day and blog too for that matter.  Now because of that, simply missing out a cuppa has changed it into yet another day when the slop stirrers have wound me up.  Why can’t they just complete a bloody simple task??  All this too when I know they have been warned by the supervisor to buck up.

This sort of service is just not acceptable.  Penelope popped her head around the door this morning to ask how things were over the weekend and when I told her she was not a happy bunny.  She is going to ask the Supervisor to come and speak to me later.  It was quite funny because as she was standing chatting to me Mary, (one of the 5 spice girls) popped her head in asking if I had been given fresh water this morning, which I hadn’t so today has already started off on the wrong foot.

Right then I better go take my drugs or else I’ll die.   Mmmmm that’s an interesting subject for a future blog, DRUGS vs DEATH.


See I told you it was only going to be a short one today.  And I lied Ha Ha!!!

See Ya!!

No comments: