Thursday, May 25

Expensive Tastes!!

I’ve been having major troubles this week trying to get a prescription that was written by The Wizard on Monday at Heath Towers filled via my own GP. As the prescription was written for the hospital I need to take it into the surgery then the doctor needs to send it to the Cowbridge Main Surgery for authorisation then its returned here to be written up then its finally handed in to the Chemists where they more often than not have to order some of the items which can take another 24 hours. And all because I couldn’t be bothered waiting for an hour at the hospital pharmacy for the drugs. Well I say an hour but at the moment they are doing a lot of repairs there and it can often take quite a lot longer. Well, I went to collect it from the chemist finally this afternoon after ringing first to see if it had been done. When I got there she was just finishing it off and came and explained a few things to me about a couple of new smarties they have put me on. Well they are new to me according to them because this is the first time that I have got them from the GP as I usually have got them fro Heath Towers. She went on to explain that one of the drugs that I’m on called Voriconozole which is like a strong Anti-Fungal medication to stop me getting some infections she can’t even order for me as it is too expensive and the GP in fact didn’t even write it up because of that. I’m thinking of going in after the week-end and asking to see one of the partners because surely this cant be right. I remember having a conversation with him some time ago about the prices of some of the drugs that I am on and he said to me then that it doesn’t matter if I need them they will give me them. He also said that no matter where I get drug whether it’s Heath Towers or Via the GP it all comes out of the GP’s budget which is why I have recently started to get my drugs from the GP instead of having to wait at the hospital. I know some of my drugs are pretty majorly expensive but hey if I didn’t need them they wouldn’t be prescribed for me. It’s not like I’m asking for Herceptin or something which is not licensed all the drugs I’m on are standard issued drugs for the various conditions I have got. So the upshot of it is that tomorrow now I have to take the original copy of the hospital prescription to the hospital and explain to them that I need them to give me the Voriconozole only from it which I know is gonna cause me loads of hassle as I have only got the top copy for a start and I only nee one out of the 5 things on there. So I guess I will be there some time just what I need after all the hassle at PUVA.

Thank god I’m going up my Mum’s straight afterwards for the week-end so I can sit and chill for a while that is if Jenny the pooch actually leaves me alone for a second. For an old dog she sure has got some energy when she wants too ha ha!!

Right I’d better go start packing the 4 suitcases ready for the week-end away. 3 for the drugs and one for the clothes let alone the oxygen and the wheelchair and so on and so on….. Oh yeah not forgetting the Chinese nibbles ha ha!!

Oh yeah peeps on a much happier note remember I have talked a bit about a chappy called Peter who’s blog is cool and addictive also, well he’s got a starring roll tomorrow morning on the goggle box if you’ve got a spare hour to watch him if not set your video recorder. He’s on the programme called City Hospital on BBC1 at 10AM it’ll be quite strange seeing him like real life so to speak as this internet thing can be very impersonal and identityless if there is such a word. He’s being interview about his Pet Scan results which he has received today and all is good news too. Good On Ya Peter!!!!

See Ya!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah yes - the voriconazole - I remember fighting for that as an alternative to the Itraconazole - ever had that? Even the thought of the taste makes me want to throw up! I commented about it somewhere in the January/February bit of my blog!

Hope you enjoyed City Hospital this morning! Scary!