Friday, May 12

Hip, Hip, Hooray!!!

Thank god for that, I actually started the PUVA treatment today after waiting months and months. I actually got there about an hour beforehand because of parking difficulties, after stopping at Tesco’s to get a bite to eat while I waited. When I arrived I thought that maybe I had made a mistake with the appointment as the car park was virtually empty, in fact I was the only disabled badge holder there. On a bit of a tangent, whilst I was at Tesco’s I noticed a young lad going around putting tickets on those using the disabled and mother& toddler bays without authority. Good on them I thought and I told him so when I walked past him on my way into the store.

Right, back to the PUVA. I went in about 5 mins early actually and started by running the bath which took a lifetime. I had to soak in this with some drug added to the water for 15 minutes which I didn’t mind as I do like a good old soak at times. The problem is that it really dries my skin out which in turn makes it unbearably painful. I was not allowed to have any creams etc on when I went into the booth so I will have to wait till afterwards. Right then out I got and set about the mammoth task of drying myself down. Jeeeez that’s hard work. When at home I tend to sort of drip dry as it takes so much out of me but there I need to be in the booth within 5 minutes of getting out of the bath so that was not an option. After putting on one of them daft gowns that you need hands on your back to tie up and a sock to protect the vital bits (my Wallet) ha ha!! I headed off into the booth. The nurse came along and told me what to do which was basically stand in the booth for the allocated time which on this occasion was a staggering, mind blowing 11 seconds. All this hassle for 11 blinking seconds!!!!! I headed off back to the bathroom to start plastering on all the creams etc which wore me out again. This was turning out to be very hard work indeed I just hope it’s all going to be worth it in the end. I headed off back home at breakneck speed so that I could apply the one cream that has some all be it minor effect on the itchiness which they never had at the clinic.

Well all in all it was a lot of hard work and pain but I guess it just has to be done and I will have to live with it. If it works out in the end then I will look back and think this was a walk in the park but if it doesn’t then the park in question would probably be in the middle of Basra with a Sadam Hussein suit on!!! Here’s looking forward to next Wednesday when I get to do it all again, this time straight after a dental appointment too which is another place I really look forward to going to.

See Ya!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Got there at last! Hope it all works!

Peter