Monday, May 8

Nice To Be Back!!

I headed off to Heath Towers this morning looking forward to seeing all the lovely nurses and doctors at the Day Unit. It seems like a lifetime since I was there last as I missed them all. They seem to have this way of making you feel really welcome and sort of special. I don’t think the threat to plaster their names all over this blog if they do any wrong has anything to do with the friendly behaviour do you?? I had a rather interesting conversation with Penelope Pitstop whilst I was there too. We had been talking a while back about the possibility of a sort of ward based councillor, someone who could sort of deal with peoples emotional needs and actually tell you things about the treatments and different diseases etc in plain English not Doctor language which at times can be very hard to understand. Well they have decided to fund the position at least on a secondment basis for 6 months initially and hopefully then it will become a permanent position. I think this will make such a difference to peoples lives as the sort of things I had to struggle to find out etc will hopefully be available from this person which all goes to make this whole thing so much easier and less frightening too and sort of lets you get on with using up that energy to fight this thing. I’m so pleased to see this action being taken and like to think that by bringing up the subject a few times has enabled this to happen also the thought that others will not have to go through what I had too is such a blessing too.

Right on to the rest of the day!! Well Non (Rhiannon) did a splendid job of sucking me dry of my valuable Blood although my vein decided it didn’t want to stop bleeding so had to sit for a while holding the gauze on it to stop me gushing al over the place. Well waiting for Merlin was beginning to hurt my bum. Ahhh there he is !! Only half an hour late for a change!! But in saying that he wasted no time in calling me in straight away. We decided to get the important stuff out of the way first like, holidaying in the Caribbean and the ins and outs of digital USB cards for his laptop and lack of computer stores in Cardiff town centre. With that out of the way we got onto the more boring stuff like trying to keep me alive and out of hospital. He was well impressed with my kidney and liver function results as well as all my blood results were all perfectly normal, which is a real bonus, because I was thinking that they might still be a bit off colour still from the last visit. I’m not complaining mind you and made a sharp exit just in case they had mixed up my results with someone else’s ha ha ha!! I started off on my long trek back to the car. You don’t quite realise who handy these strategically placed chairs in the corridors are until you need them like I did today. I made the trip back to the car in I think it was 5 stages with 5 breath breaks in between, at least I made it I guess and probably in the same amount of time it would have taken to wait for the porters to get me there too. What made my day was passing all the cars that had been booked for parking in the disabled bays when they were not entitled too or not displaying a ticket HA HA HA!!! Nothing to do with the ranting phone call I made to the Parking Control Office when I got there after having to wait for about half an hour to get a space. Serves em right I say!!!!

It’s been along day in all today although a good day I recon. I’ve come home in a more positive frame of mind than when I got up this morning which can only be a good thing. Looking forward to starting the PUVA tomorrow even if I get a free tan out of it I’ll be grateful that is if I ever get parked first of all and then if they actually get to see me after last week episode!!!

See Ya!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good news on your bloods! Hope the PUVA goes well!

My next check up is tomorrow!

Jonny5 said...

Hi Peter i hope Linny gives you some good news on the Radiotherapy tommorow.

Good Luck