Thursday, May 25

It’s Been A Quiet News Day Again!!

Ooops sorry fell asleep before I could post this yesterday!!! Well it seems to be a sort of quiet news day, well for me anyway it is. Not a lot happening at all in fact I only have to go to the chemist down the road to pick up my usual sack full of pills and potions and have the usual natter with the pharmacist and her lovely staff, they’re all so nice there. Well apart from me the government on the other hand seem to be stumbling from one disaster to another especially the Home Office Department. What with all the stuff about releasing illegal immigrants from prison without deporting them to the latest things like illegal immigrants actually working in the Home Office and the shocking amount of prisoners that have absconded from Open Prisons last year. The Prime Minister Mr Blair recently made a wise move and replaced the man at the helm so at least from now on it will be hard for people to point the finger directly at who was to blame. Wise old man!!!

Don’t get me wrong I am far from being involved in politics despite my obsession with programmes like The Daily Politics Show and Working Lunch and it is not that unusual for me to sit and watch The Parliamentary Channel all day, I know that’s sad but you would be surprised what you can pick up whilst listening to some committee meetings etc and as far the Weekly Pantomime that is PM Question Time well it’s always worth a look for the Comedy Value if nothing else.

On a slight tangent I’ve just been thinking back to when I was growing up,(this always seems to happen whenever I plan to go up to my mum’s as we usually reminisce about old times etc ha) well I grew up in a very working class area of Cardiff. It was home to mainly Dock Workers or Steel Workers. Whilst thinking about politics etc reminded me of the fact that one of the central places that people meet up etc is the local Social Club. Well there were 2 around by us, the Conservative Club and the Labour Club. It was quite funny really because you would think especially by the fact that labour had been in control of the council here for years and years and in fact the local MP was old James Callahan himself that the Labour Club would be the happening place so to speak, but it was far from that. The Labour Club was this run down old single story wooden shack and the Conservative Club was this huge 2 story building with a very plush function room upstairs which was always fully booked with parties etc and the usual weekly bingo sessions for the blue rinse brigade etc. and the bar downstairs was always full up with the thirsty workers at the end of the day. I’m sure you can’t convince me that they all used to vote for the Tories after having to swear allegiance to them in order to become a member.

Come to think of it when I was younger and used to play the Trombone in a Military Band we used to play concerts at various places such as social clubs and parks in the summer etc and all the best social clubs we played at were Conservative one’s, why ???? I don’t have a clue???

Right I promise to return to my usual ranting quivering mess again later for today’s little snippet on my sad life although don’t hold your breath as the highlight of my day is going to be a trip to Tesco’s for some odds and ends and that’s about it.

See Ya!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to your visit, is there anything special you want, like treats, (but try to avoid T BONE STEAK)Dad haven't got over the shock of the last ones. I will get out the slides and projector to have a film show of the old times, remember when you was sliding down the path in Cornwall sitting on your scooter sliding down the hill with Adrian, and then wanted to know how the engine worked on the boat, and put your hand in the engine to see how it worked and jammed your fingers in it another hospital journey. Watch out have plenty of cream with you or you will have to stay in the bath to keep your skin soft HaHa, I have got an electric lift to put you in.
Mum

Jonny5 said...

Oh No Not The Slides!!! You better make sure Dad buys me some Sherry in preperation, while he's at it i do quite fancy some Wild Boar or Venison Steaks or maybe even some Partridge with a lovely Oyster and Caviar sauce, won't be too expensive honest!! Then again Pancake Roll & Chips will probably taste as nice at the moment.

Got my 5 gallon drums of cream ready too hope dads feeling fit as he's got lots of fetching and carrying to do tomorrow, better get him to have an early night.

See Ya Tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the comments on my blog, John (I have replied) and hope the PUVA goes well tomorrow.

I'm sure you are looking forward to being spoiled by Mum too - after all, who doesn't!!!