Tuesday, May 2

You just wait!!!

I got up this morning really tired and need of another couple of hours sleep but as I was due to start my PUVA treatment today I t was an incentive to get up I guess. So after tearing myself out of my nice warm cocoon I headed off in search of my usual line up of smarties etc that I have to consume every day just so I rattle I recon.

I felt a little better now after a cup of caffeine and a glass of milk. I seem to be getting a bit more strength in my legs and stuff so much that I thought I would be okay to drive provided I took it easy as the transport issues at the hospital are a nightmare I decided to give it a go. I know I am inundated by offers from all my friends and family which I am grateful for it’s like a case of wanting to be independent. I know your all shouting don’t be so blinking stupid but hey that’s just the way I am.

Right off I went after having to sit in the car for a while to get my breath back after having to walk the 50 yards or so from the house to the car, I was a right mess. Driving was not as bad as I thought it might be. My main problem is down to being out of breath which when you think of it just sitting there moving your feet every now and then and your arms occasionally can not be seen as strenuous exercise. I arrived at Heath Towers in plenty of time for my appointment as parking is a nightmare, more so in that part of the hospital as it’s away from the main part and really restrictive parking. After a little driving around I managed to squeeze into a tiny space just enough room for a car half my size I recon but needs must I thought and if someone hits me then so be it!!! After plodding along to the dermatology unit I arrived about 20 mins before I was due. Its weird set up on the first floor. All the treatments such as Light Therapy and Photo Therapy and some minor operations are done up here. There is no reception desk and you all have to just like go and sit in this communal waiting room and wait for the nurses to come and see you, weird!!! Well, I plonked my bum down on I must admit a very comfortable chair and settled down to what I guessed would be a long wait. I was so knackered I must have fallen asleep a couple of times as when I looked at my watch it was 11am and I’d been sat there for an hour. I decided to go and see if I could find anyone as it was ¾ hour past my appointment time now. I managed to find some unsuspecting doctor and asked if he could help. He took me along to see the nurse that deals with that department. She asked me to wait a little while she checked the diary but said my name does ring a bell though. I went and waited back in the waiting room. She came back in a minute or so with the diary and said she remembers the doctor ringing up last week before I was discharged and she had given him a date to start my treatment. The problem is it was for NEXT BLOODY TUESDAY!!!!!!! I’ll blinking kill him when I see him. He’s really wasted my time let alone the petrol and parking etc as I can’t claim them back as I never actually had an appointment. Besides all that I really could have done with an extra few hours kip today too. What makes it worse is I remember asking him a couple of times when the appointment was for and he kept saying it was for today. The swine.

I guess I will have to just have a good lie in tomorrow to make up for it, yeah that’s a good idea and to make it even I better a nice early night to really make a difference.

See Ya!!

No comments: