Wednesday, May 31

Look Out I’m Back!!

Hello people I am still here, well I think so anyhow. I am just back from a delightful weekend at my mums, where once again I have been spoilt rotten. Even the constant attention of the dog, Jemma was welcomed. It was so nice to see them all again although in saying that my brother had decided to go to Turkey with the wife and kids this week of all weeks, how inconsiderate!!! Never mind I guess I will just have to inflict myself on my mum and dad one Sunday when they come to visit.

As per usual we had the customary hour of sunshine each day followed by the inevitable rain and clouds….well what do we expect we are in Wales after all!!! You watch we will still have a hosepipe ban this year and all because we sell most of our blinking water to the brummies!!!!!!

I recon my mum should be in the Egon Ronay’s Guide for good food as it’s always gorgous and she quickly realised that I have this constant urge for all things Chinese. Ha ha ha I had to laugh when on Sunday this flier was posted through the letterbox advertising a new local Chinese take away of all things.

I did my usual trick too… I didn’t have to take much with me and as per usual I forgot one of the most important things. I bought a long 10 meter Network Cable so I could connect up to my mum’s internet connection Doh!! In the end my mum sent my dad off to get one on Friday.

Went to my mum’s local on Saturday morning, Cardiff Medical Centre, ha ha ha where I have finally gone and ordered my Electronically Adjustable Double Bed. I have wanted one for a long time now for a number of reasons, not just for comfort and stuff but as you can imagine the skin problem I have at the moment as in the tightness has meant that I can no longer lie straight and need to raise my legs up and it will help with the breathing too and do away with the need to have hundreds of pillows to make me sit up straight. I must admit the cost has been the main issue stopping me which is a bit of a bummer but then it’s the same old thing isn’t it anything to do with disability aids and stuff is a huge rip off!!! My mum bought me this great little thing that will allow me to wear socks again. I haven’t been able to bend down far enough to put socks on for some time now because of the skin thing but this thing really works. It’s called Soxon which I thought was quite original too ha ha ha. She also bought me a pick up stick thing as I always tend to drop things and find it really difficult if not impossible to bend down to pick them up.

Well I decided to end a perfect weekend I would go and top it all by falling over whilst getting my mother’s birthday card and flowers from the car on the drive. It was all my fault as instead of getting my shoes on I wore my slippers out there which were not as good. Along with this I decided to be brave and not use my sticks too…STUPID GIT!!!!!! I went flying into the bushes grazing my face and scratching my legs. The main thing is though that it really shook me up. Sp much so that I have not quite been the same since, not that I am dwelling on it but I have seen it as a bit of a reminder to take things easy and not push too hard at once.

I went for my latest dose of PUVA today too which was a bit of a disaster. The reason being that as soon as I mentioned the fall and she saw the graze on my face she decided that due to the risk of the medication maybe causing an infection that it would not be wise to do the treatment today, ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a waste of a trip, I could have stayed in bed for a couple of hours. Anyway at least I went to Tesco’s I suppose for a few things but even that was a disaster and I ended up forgetting a few things and the had to stop at the other Tesco’s nearer home.

Right that’s quite enough for one day, I’ll see you tomorrow hopefully!!!!

See Ya!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good to have you back - I was starting to get concerned (although I see mad sis hasn't posted for nearly 2 weeks!!!)

Bed sounds good - I had an electrically adjustable one during my month in the isolation room! Tell me - does it come complete with one of those highly desireable, catwalk ready "For hospital use only" gowns? (You know - the ones with the ties (usually missing) at the back!??

Thanks for your comments btw!

Jonny5 said...

Hi Peter. I've given Mad Sis a royal kick up the bum about not posting believe me.

Cant wait to get the bed and yes it comes with 2 brand spanking new gowns too so i can really feel like i'm back on the ward GREAT!!! i wonder how long the ties will last on these. You can even get a Heated Vibrating matress for this thing which sounds like a lot of fun, only problem is i will never want to get out of it. i'm thinking of trying to convince Penelope Pitstop that it might be an idea for the beds on the ward though!!!

See Ya!!

Oh yeah what a grand performance the other day too. very informative. BRAVO!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

He he - I noticed she had posted today!

Hot vibrating mattress eh - no comment! It'll be a novel experience having a gown with all the ties in place - so many to choose from when doing it up!!! But you really need a cook who can't to really recreate that authentic hospital atmosphere! And of course the food has to be chilled, then re-heated for an hour and allowed to cool and congeal naturally before it is served!

Glad you liked the performance! I felyt quite er 'emotional' when I was filming the last bit... even the producer said she felt a tear...!!!

Jonny5 said...

Let me tell you a little secret Peter..... I did shed a tear or two on that last part it really was quite emotional. I blame my sister mind you as since she gave me her Stem Cells i have become very weepy and emotional and she's given my blinking curly ginger hair too...Gee Thanks Sis!!!!!

See Ya!!

Ruth said...

You ungrateful A**e. Don't ask me for a kidney if yours pack up ;o)
Anyway, I'm not the ginger one in the family - that's mum and adrian. I was always a blonde like you and Dad so ner ner ne ner ner ;oP
No more kicking your lovely 'ickle sis now - don't want to waste your energy resources.
Tatty bye bye
R