Monday, May 15

Just A Few Thoughts!!

I’ve been thinking about a few things the last few days not for any particular reason apart from I guess that they have been brought up in the press again.

One of these is euthanasia. I know there are mixed emotions on this subject and to be honest I think there really is no definitive answer. I actually find it quite strange that throughout all my sufferings etc over the last couple of years I never gave it a second thought. There must have been, well I know there were, LOTS OF TIMES when I really did want to give up the fight and if I’m honest at the “Low Times” now these feelings do come and go although I have learnt to somewhat ignore them. What if it were an option put in front of me then?? By whom I don’t know? But feasibly it could have been. In one of my earlier dice’s with death, the drug regime was trying it’s best to zombify me I guess I might have just taken them up on their offer and appearing as if I was, “With It” so to speak it would have gone ahead and you wouldn’t be reading this now. GOD THAT IS SOOOOOOO SCARY!!!! You know you hear from people at times that to give up is often “The Easy Way Out”. I think this is not that accurate myself. Yes maybe physically it could be but I know when these feelings have been pretending to be in washing machine inside my head going round and round AND ROUND!!! The feelings of letting everyone else down and things like leaving my Darling Wife & Daughter to have to cope with the loss let alone all my family and friends, makes me actually quite guilty of even considering it. Does that sound strange to you?? It’s a weird sort of feeling almost like a “How Dare You Even Think Such A Thing”?

This is obviously just my opinion on the subject and to be honest I’m not convinced either way whether it should be available. There are probably some of you out there who may think very strongly either way too and that’s your choice too. I just think that maybe my case just goes to prove that there would need to be very secure safeguards and procedures in place to make absolutely sure that it is in fact the patient’s decision to end their life as sadly you don’t get a second shot at it. As I said in my case the drugs I was taking would certainly have played a factor in my decision.

Phew!!!! That was some heavy stuff today. On a lighter note MY BLOODY SKIN IS STILL KILLING ME!!!!!!!

See Ya!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi john
have just been checking out your blog for the last few days and thought you may like to know i have emailed the look good feel better people to see if they can offer anything for male patients (save on your lippy and eyeliner costs)or if they can point me in the right direction.if not, i will try velindre for you.the site is good but i think proper sessions would be better- dont you? see ya soon Ms Pitstop

Jonny5 said...

thats great yeah. i recon proper sessions would be more beneficial as i think there are some issues like how many men aged 50+ do you know who apply moisturiser every day let alone know how to look after their bodies etc? i think the look good feel better thing is based somewhat around advertising products however its still a very good thing and benefits so many too in the process.

Good luck with your quest!!!

See Ya!!

Anonymous said...

On acompletely unrelated note (!) the haematology link on the blog page no longer works and should be http://www.cardiff.ac.uk/medicine/haematology/!

Back to the ironing board!

Peter

Jonny5 said...

Thanks for that Peter. I realy must learn to keep an eye on these things Doh!!