Sunday, May 21

Not Impressed!!

Do you know I woke up this morning with this overwhelming urge to go out for Sunday Lunch. I found it strange as my taste buds and appetite are still not right as you know but I just had to go. We haven’t been out for Sunday Lunch let alone any other meal come to think of it for ages and ages. We used to go to this pub called the Highwayman not far from us quite regularly for Sunday Lunch and the food was always superb so we decided to go there. They do 2 sizes Standard and Mega I think they call it and I used to always have the Mega one. I knew that from memory there is no way that I could even get half way through a mega one at the moment my stomach wont stretch that far so I settled on the Standard one as did Judith. We waited only a short time for it to arrive meanwhile I sipped on my Cloudy Beer. It must have been the first one off but I couldn’t be bothered to go and change it. The food looked its usual lovely self. The chef adds a bit of butter and cracked black pepper to the cabbage which is gorgeous. Well to be honest the best way of describing the meal was no way near what it used to be. The meat was tough for a start, don’t get me wrong there is lots of it just that’s its chewy. We were both not impressed with it at all and it was that bad that we will probably not go back there again which is a shame really as we used to enjoy it. Never mind there are loads of options around here as there are so many little country pubs within a 5 mile radius that all serve food. Maybe I can become a food critic or maybe write a book on eating out on a Sunday that might be a laugh.

Boy have I paid for eating that much. My stomach is so painful and tight and no matter how much cream I put on it hasn’t made a difference at all. My breathing is a bit erratic too as my stomach is taking up valuable room that my lungs usually use to expand. I look at the change in available space for lung expansion as before I used to have a 2 bedroom house whereas I now have a bedsit. It seems to be a little easier if I sit than it is when I stand up straight, that’s a laugh me stand up straight ha ha ha!! I guess sitting I’m not stretching the skin as much so there will be room for more expansion.

Right, time to watch Wales lose at footie as per usual.

See Ya!!

No comments: