Monday, May 22

It Was Worth The Wait!!

Well I finally did it. I forced myself to cook one of the T-Bone Steaks tonight for tea. MMMmmmmmm it was absolutely delicious and well worth the wait. This thing was so huge that I only just managed to get through it and a couple of mushrooms, nothing else. I couldn’t move afterwards for ages as I was completely stuffed and felt like a right piggy. I’ve got one of these monsters left which I am keeping for a special occasion, well that’s the plan anyhow, but I might just be tempted one day. I think a lot of it is to do with the build up as well, as I have been thinking about it all day long and couldn’t wait to get home to start cooking it.

Right back to normal now. Been up to Heath Towers today for both PUVA and to see The Wizard as well. Managed to park right outside the door too which was a bonus. There was a different nurse to do the treatment today and she made a few comments about my skin on my face being a little red. I looked in the mirror and reassured her that this was my normal skin colour but she said that she thought it might be wise idea to not up the dose of UVB today and she gave me the same time as the last session which was a bit of a bummer but never mind there is always next time. After the hard slog of putting on all the creams and potions which is so hard work I made the mad dash over to the main hospital to see the Wizard for my fortnightly check up. He’s tweaking around with a few drugs and adding a few more for good measure at the moment so he wants to keep a close eye on me. I can’t blame him really, wouldn’t you want to see me that regular?? Just to keep you sane??? All going well on the blood front too as to my astonishment he didn’t even want to have any taken today. Yipeeeeee!!!!!!!

I think I over did it a bit today as in pushed too hard with the walking and stuff. My own fault really as I had arranged the PUVA for an hour before seeing The Wizard which was cutting it a bit short really and not leaving me much time to get all the creams on which takes ages and wears me out too then having to almost immediately having to walk to the Day Unit. I was a bit of a mess by the time I got there and couldn’t wait to sit my bum down for ½ hour and have a rest. Never mind at least I had the Steak to look forward to. A bit like dangling a carrot in front of me ha ha!! The walk back to the car seemed to take a lifetime too and I was glad to reach the safety of the car for a rest and ease my breathing somewhat.

I’ve got a fairly quiet week on the appointments front and I’m building up to a week-end at my Mum & Dad’s next week-end which I am really looking forward to. I haven’t seen them for quite a while now and so have a load of gossip to catch up on about all of my weird and wonderful family. There a right bunch honestly! Well what do you expect you all know how weird I am????

See Ya!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good news then! The steak sounds wonderful - I am waiting for the day whe my sense of smell and rtaste return to normal so that I can enjoy one! I think there is some improvement at the moment! Still - Onwards and Upwards!

Jonny5 said...

it was well worth the wait yeah. i found trying things realy spicey or realy sweet helped. i cant stand too much salt on anything anymore either which i used to have to add it to everything before eating it. little improvement is good, as they say rome wasn't built in a day!!!

good luck on friday for your starring role!!