Saturday, May 6

Spend, Spend, Spend!!!

Hiya. I’ve been out on my travels with Judith today trying my best to make a whole in this insurance money ha ha ha!! To be honest with you I wasn’t quite up to it as I didn’t have a great night, tossing and turning and probably slept about 2 hours in all and Judith was about the same, but she seems to be able to function fully with just a few hours sleep which makes me mad Grrrrrr!!!!

I really didn’t feel like shopping today which is not like me at all. It not so much the mundane shopping I like such as food and stuff but the sort of things that for some reason when you have a bit of spare cash in your pocket suddenly you really NEED these things. I’ve sort of mentally set aside a bit of it for kitchen things like a good strong Skillet (for my T-Bone Steaks) and a new set of knives and maybe a saucepan or two plus a load of new utensils. We headed of to this large out of town Designer Outlet place Macarthur Glen near us as I like to at least think I have got a bargain even if I have fallen for some sales spiel!! They have more clothes stores than anything but they do have a couple of kitchenware type shops too. Poor old Judith had the unenviable task of pushing me around in my wheelchair as there was no way my legs were going to even make it to the pavement never mind walk around shopping. After the odd browse through a couple of clothes shops we made it to the first kitchenware shop. The trend I find in all the shops is to cram as much in the space available as possible bugger anyone in a wheelchair or even still anyone with a pushchair, so even the shops that I could manage to get through the door in the first place when inside Judith had to use all her valuable steering skills to not end up smashing up all the displays etc. We bought a few bits and pieces and went for a bite to eat. Check this out right!!!!!!! We bought 2 sandwiches and 2 coffees’s nearly a bloody tenner. Next door McDonalds we could have both had a meal and drink for half the price, no wonder McDonalds were 20 times busier. And they wonder why there is such an obesity problem these days!!!! God I feel a Victor Meldrew moment coming on look out!!!! We headed back to the car only so we could go to my favourite Favourite shop TESCO’S!!! just for a few odds and ends etc. I have to say that the last twice we went to Tesco’s I actually managed to get the one and only scooter and was in luck again today too. We did a bit of food shopping and ended up going upstairs and buying a few items of clothes for me too which makes a change as I usually end up looking but always say no to buying but I thought what the hell hey!!!

By the end of it I was ready to die. I ached from head to toe and just wanted to sleep. My lungs were trying there damn hardest to pump enough oxygen around my body to keep me going too, poor things!! I think all in all I probably pushed it a bit too much today as usual but progress is what it is all about isn’t it?? I think I might just chill out and relax tonight with a glass or two, sort of like a well done for making it through today without collapsing with exhaustion.

My taste buds have somewhat started to come back too only in the fact that I actually had something other than pasties to eat today, I managed a sandwich and some Chinese nibbles this evening too, who knows maybe them Steaks wont be staying in the freezer too much longer????

See Ya!!

No comments: