Sunday, September 11

Come On England??


Well Saturdays here already and I was up with the lark as they say, only because I didn’t really get to sleep at all Friday night.  I thought I’d spoil myself and have a cuppa before taking my Tablets just for a change, like a special treat seeing as it’s the weekend why not live dangerously I thought.  Yes before you all shout it out, I know I’m sad.  It nearly backfired actually because I usually do things the other way around I nearly forgot to take my blinking Tablets.  Serves me right for spoiling myself.  Well I settled in to the sofa to watch a whole day of Cricket just for a change, just getting up for the odd drink or two and to make something to eat too.  It was heaven just not doing anything.  I was also looking forward to the Evenings entertainment in the form of The Last Night Of The Proms.  You would think that I was quite a patriotic Englishman what with watching and hoping England would win at the Cricket and with all the Pomp and Circumstance of the Last Night but you wouldn’t be further from the truth.  I am quite patriotic but WELSH!! Through and through especially when it comes to 30 men chasing an odd shaped ball around a field, 15 of which happen to be English.  Not that I’m a great Rugby fan although we did win “The Grand Slam & The Triple Crown” this year which involved totally demoralising the English, ha ha ha!!  I guess my liking of rugby stems from my childhood when I actually went to the trouble of joining the St Albans Band and learning to play the Trombone just so that I could get into the Matches free.  You see they used to play at all the Cardiff and Welsh International Matches so you’d have to play for a while which was no price to pay really then you would quite often have the best seat in the house to watch the Match.  Ahhh those were the days not like today having to fork out £50 a ticket only to be sat so far away from the field you might as well be watching the flee circus.  Well the proms has started and out comes all the flags and the glass of sherry, well maybe not quite sherry orange juice will have to do.  Singing away at the top of my voice to all the old favourites Land Of Hope And Glory & Jerusalem and also the obligatory humming along to the Fantasy On Sea Songs, I love that piece of music always gives me Goosebumps.  Even the Traditional 2 versus of the National Anthem are worth listening to, and I always say the same thing to myself I’ll have to try and learn that second verse by next year as you don’t learn that at school oddly enough.  Well I ended up shattered after all that fun and excitement of the day and went to bed fairly early well after I did a spot of bidding on Ebay, I must stay off that site it always ends up costing me money.  Nitey Nite..

No comments: