Friday, September 23

I Must Be A Sadist!!

Time has come for my weekly dose of Torture and Pain at the local Tesco’s store. I thought to myself I know the Tesco’s in Talbot Green has been done up and I know it’s finished so I’ll go there for a change, at least there won’t be the problem with cramped isles because of the shop fitting. Well off I set for the 6 or 7 mile journey and I got about half way and the heavens opened so I guess I was destined to get soaked walking into the store from the car park. I finally got there and set about looking for that elusive Empty Disabled Parking Space, you know the one that’s never there till you come out the store with your shopping trolley full then there’s blinking hundreds of them. Well I drove up and down the car park looking for the nearest place to the shop as all the Disabled bays were full and managed to get not too far away from the store but not quite close enough. So I made my weary way to the store in the rain and strangely for Tesco’s anyhow I passed a couple of Parking Attendants checking all the cars parked in the Disabled and Mother & Toddler spaces were genuine. I thought good for you at bloody long last. I had my usual look at every windscreen on the way through the bay just to make sure they were doing there job properly. There’s just no pleasing some people I suppose. The main difference I think with this particular car park and it seems the main one in Cardiff is the same in that the Car park’s are owned by a Private Company and so as a result they can make that bit more from it by Clamping people etc. Well I’m all in favour of that if it frees up the spaces for other people who actually need them. Anyway I digress which is highly unusual for me as you know. This store is absolutely huge and on two floors too. As usual in a new store you have the problem of finding things although they are set up pretty much the same. I had to stop a couple of time around for a breather but I’m quite sad to say that it was not an unpleasant trip as it usually is so “Thank You Tesco’s”, there that wasn’t too hard was it, Yes!!!! Well I did wake up this morning with a bit more energy than yesterday although it hasn’t lasted too long and I’m blinking knackered now. Red Bull I think with maybe a small touch of Vodka purely medicinal you understand. I’m always open to suggestions if you know a sure fire way of getting some energy as long as it doesn’t involve dealing with a dodgy looking bloke on a street corner somewhere. Right off for a soak, which reminds me I still haven’t bought a Submarine or a Rubber Ducky for the bath yet I’ve got a memory like a sieve.

1 comment:

Jonny5 said...

Hi Chris greetings from a not so sunny Wales.