Monday, September 5

Going Back To My Roots

Going Back To My Roots!!

Up at the crack of dawn today, well 10am anyway, it’s early for me on the weekend. Looking forward to going to my mum and dads to stay for a couple of days. Did my usual routine of waking up for a start, always a good thing, taking my daily concoction of pills and potions them heading off in search of some caffine in the form of nice strong coffee. Ah nothing like it in the world good strong coffee you can stand your spoon up in and used to be a couple of fags although that part is ommited now although I do miss it at times still. I gues I’m not what you might call a morning person in fact I probably resemble a caveman more than a human till I’ve been given about an hour or two to wake up. After drinking my cuppa I turned to Nat&Dave and said that I was going to start bringing my stuff downstairs they said ok so off I went. I was just packing the last bag when I heard they're Lawnmower going. So I started carring the bags and stuff downstairs each time Nat looked at me from her chair and smiled. After 5 trips up and down the stairs I thought dave will give me a hand any minute or she will go get him too anyway. I started to carry the bags out to the car by now absolutely knackered and struggling a bit for breath. It got to the very last carrier bag and dave fetched it out to the car saying you should have said something I’d have given you a hand. I said that I did and his reply was I never heard you, well you bloody answered me I thought to myself. So off I drove to the Land Of Oz I mean Caerphilly. I arrived around Lunchtime and had my first glimpse of My Neice & Nephew who I’ve never met before which was strange. Been having a good old natter to my brother and Mum And Dad and my Sister this evening as well as trying to sort out my next door neighbours computer problems via the phone to my wife who was tring to fix it for me. Eventually we gave up and she will bring me the software causing the probs tomorrow for me to play around with. My next blinking nioghtmare was trying to sort out my mothers Broadband connection on my computer. Jeeeeez what a nightmare it didn’t like my computer for some reason and then it appeared that my Mum’s user name had been changed somehow so it wouldn’t connect. I finally got it to connect eureka I thought but you know what they say about counting your chickens well the most mind blowing thing was yet to come. The original modem connection was via an extension from the main socket, so I disconnected this extension from the main socket and connected a smaller extension cable in its place so that I could use the modem in the living room instead and this somehow would not work bearing in mind all cables and sockets were checked to see if they worked and they did, which doesn’t make any sense at all to me. Anyhow I’ve now connected the splitter into the main telephone socket and the modem direct into that and it all works fine now after hours and hours of hassle. It’s been nice to spend some time with Mum And Dad and sort of catch up on things and generally reminisce about the good old days ha ha ha. Looking forward to lots more over the next few days, try and jog what few brain cells I have left into remembering stuff, which will be some achievement I know but hey you gotta try.
My head is spinning after all the excitement of today and you would think that I would want to stay up all night to make up for lost time on the Internet but my eyes are letting me down and are refusing point blank to stay open, stubborn things eyes you know when they want to be, so I’m of to the land of nod see ya!!

No comments: