Thursday, September 15

My Own Network!!

Well my new Wireless Modem/Router turned up yesterday morning which sort of put pay to what i was going to do all day. Nothing exciting in fact i probably would have slept most of the day so at least it gave me something to do. Just like being a child all over again i can't wait to get it out the box and have a look what i got, but i already know what it is and how much it costs but its still exciting none the less. I learnt from past experience "READ THE INSTRUCTIONS FIRST" other wise you have all sorts of problems. So into the dark cavern i go which is also known as under the desk, in search of one or two cables that i need to change in order to set up this new toy. It's like an alladins cave under there. There's bits of computer and monitors and old printers and cables, jeeeeez there must be hundreds of them all shouting it's me, it's me. I finally manage to find the ones i'm after and set off back into the land of the living. So i followed the instructions word for word and connected it all up as decribed then came the do or die moment switching the computer back on. I hate this part and quite often i'll turn away from the screen for a couple of minutes or go out the room even till i think it has had enough time to start. So i pressed the on button at arms length and waited. Tick Tock, Tick Tock i could here the clock in my mind as i watched the screen flicker into life and slowly but surely all the start up programs begin to load then nothing happened. Oh hold on a window pops up and i look at it through squinted eyes in case its bad news, it say's found new hardware then it dissapears, so i think to myself cross all your fingers and toes and pray that it works.... All this tension is making me a nervous wreck. There's another window just popped up. Dare I look at it i thought to myself. Well I thought pull yourself together, what are you a man or a mouse, Mmmmm trick questions hey?? Oh what the hell i just looked straight at it bugger the concequenses. It said "Your Hardware Is Now Installed And Working Correctly". I swear i could hear Handels Halleluyah Chorrus singing away. I'll just try it out now i thought so i Clicked on Firefox ( A web Browser like Internet Explorer but much better and FREE and it's not Microsoft) and it connected straight away no set up needed at all. I don't know what all the fuss was about before hand it was plain sailing. Now i can go sit out the back garden with the laptop and surf away without wires running all over the place, only one slight problem though, it's been sunny and dry for the last 3 weeks and now i can use the laptop out there it's chucking it down and it's set to last for at least a few days, typical !! Guess what i was doing for the rest of the day. Pretty obvious really playing with my new toy well you got to use it once you paid for it haven't you!!

Might I take this opportunity to thank all you lovely people who are not only mad enough to read this load of old tripe but then actually go on and give me comments and feedback as well which is always welcome and appreciated. This just emphasises to me that i'm not the only mad one around here.

p.s TRIPE can you still buy that stuff anywhere i used to love it?????

No comments: