Thursday, September 8

Home From Home!!



Well it’s Tuesday again and guess what? That’s right, it’s hospital time.  I managed to persuade Ruth my sister to come with me this week.  She was the one who donated her Stem Cells to me which in effect cured my Leukaemia, well as cured as I can be as there is not such a thing really as a cure.  I thought it might be interesting for her to meet up again with some of the staff she had got to know when she was going back and fore for tests and when she was actually donating her stem cells, especially Una as I know she liked Una and she had held her hand when she was scared whilst having one procedure done.  We’d got to the Day Unit the usual 10 mins early and it was heaving there, which is quite unusual for a Tuesday.  There was only one seat available so I was my usual polite self and sat on it myself instead of offering it to my sister because I’m kind like that.  Eventually the nurse called me to steal some more blood from me, I’m gonna have to start charging for the stuff I recon.  We had the usual hour or so wait so we decided to go for a bite to eat and a cuppa down in Rip Off City which is otherwise known as the Concourse.  They must make a fortune there because it’s always busy and the food is so expensive, but there is not really an alternative if you’re a bit peckish apart from bringing your own I suppose.  We had a good natter whilst we were there about the Good Old Days and other stuff which usually ends up in a lot of laughter.  After an hour or so we made the Mile long trek back to the Unit, well it felt like it at the time.  We went through the door and you would think that there had been a fire alarm or something and everyone had been evacuated because it was like a ghost town in there. There wasn’t a soul in sight.  Una came up in a couple of minutes and called me into her lair.  I told Ruth to come in to see her with me for a natter which she did.  We’d been chatting for a while and then Una turned round to Ruth and said,”You a relative then?” and Ruth explained who she was and Una recognised her then.  Ruth had Blonde hair the last time they met see.  Alls well and my Liver count is coming back down quite quickly too which is good. She had a listen to my chest as I was coughing a bit today and that was clear though which is good too, In fact it was good news all around.   So off we went back to Mum & Dads for some more reminiscing , it seems that whenever the three of us are together, my Sister, Mum & Me, we start each other off and who knows where it will lead, although its usually all laughter though.  When Ruth finally went home I think we all fell asleep for a while absolutely shattered.  God she’s got some energy that girl, I think she must have taken a double dose that morning because she was like a coiled spring, he he he !!!!  I went online later on and had a nice long chat with Judith which is always the Highlight of my day.  She was okay and missing me of course, well I guess anyone would miss little old me.  Counting the days till I can go back home now and it seems to be getting worse the nearer it gets too.  I had a pretty lazy evening I suppose Vegging out in front of the TV and a little bit of surfing too just to keep my hand in you see.  Right that’s enough rambling on for one day see ya later!!!

No comments: