Tuesday, September 13

Sorry Sorry Sorry!!

I need to applogise for not updating this the last few days but i do have a good excuse believe me. I picked up a couple of right nasty little virus's from somewhere a few days ago and they been causing me lots of grief so much so that i've had to completely wipe my Computer and start all over again,a job i really hate having to do as there always seems to be problems. If its not missing files or wrong settings its something else. Well really thats taken up all my time for the last couple of days which i guess beats whacking yourself over the head with a wet kipper, but only just!! Each time i've had to re install my pute i always have problems with the Motherboard Drivers and they were the ones shipped with the blinking thing and i always make sure there the first thing installed after Windows. Argggg i'm begining to wonder if i've chosen the wrong proffession to go into. I just want to whizz through the Techie phase then its straight on to Feet up on the desk and have staff to do your job, long expenses paid lunches at fancy eateries etc etc. Earth Calling John !!! Ahhh is it time to wake up yet ?
I had a welcome break from all the Computer mahem for a couple of hours today so i could go to the hospital for my weekly check up. All's well thankfully and slowly but surely most things are getting back to some sort of normality. The one problem that has seemed to have got worse over the last year or so is my Hearing. Everything sounds Dull like when your ears need to pop to clear them,but permanantly like it. I mentioned to the Doctor again about it today and she arranged for me to see the Hearing Consultant just an hour later which was pretty damn good service i thought. Well he examined my ears and removed some wax which wasn't helping and strangely enough my hearing seemed to be a bit worse after that which was co incidental i think. They went ahead and did variou noise and pressure tests etc then i went back in to see the Consultant. It appears that i have lost 90% of the High Pitch Hearing in both ears and 20% of the Low Pitch Hearing in both ears which would explain the way its been feeling. This is almost deffinately down to the Chemotherapy Treatment that i've had as all them toxic treatments can't be all good. There will always be side effects both long and short term i suppose. So from what he said its not treatable appart from having to wear 2 Hearing Aids for the rest of my life to try and compensate for my hearing loss that is along with my False Teeth i'm waitning for and my new lungs which would be nice all because of Chemotherapy. But Hell It Was Worth It Though!! a small price to pay really in the scheme of things dont you think?
Well i hope you accept my appologies especially you Ruth cos i knows you likes to keep up with the gossip and i promise i will try to keep up from now on. Cub Scouts Honour!!!

2 comments:

Ruth said...

I had wondered why you hadn't updated your site. Funny you mentioned about your ears, coz I've got a nasty ear infection at the moment and I can't hear very well either - lots of antibiotics and steroids for me. Let me know if you get PMT or morning sickness.

Anonymous said...

Hya it's me Jacklyn. Just to say i'm hooked I have been waiting for the next instalment
love to all