Tuesday, September 20

A Tale Of Two Half's!!


Well as the heading says it’s been a tale of two half’s today.  I went on my usual weekly visit to the Hospital which as you’ve probably read is somewhat of an unknown entity.  I arrived the usual 15 mins early and as per usual I had to wait for a good 20-25 past my appointment time before the lovely Emma sucked me dry of blood once again.  Then the hour of will I won’t I have to stay all day starts.  I felt fine if not a bit tired not that it means anything because at one time whilst in hospital my blood pressure dropped as low as 55 over 40 and there was doctors running from all over the place panicking and pumping me full of this jelly stuff and I felt absolutely fine in fact I probably hadn’t felt that well for quite some time.  So as you can work out I’m not always the best judge of what’s going on with my body.  Well after the walk back to the car to have a spot of lunch I made my way back into the abyss also known as The Day Unit to see Dr Una.  She was as happy and radiant as ever today and after a chat I thought I’d drop the suggestion that as things were going well and I needed no blood products and things maybe I could make it every 2 weeks instead of every week??  Well I held my breath in anticipation will she won’t she?  That would be absolutely fine she says, well I could have kissed her as to me that’s another big milestone on my way to full recovery.  I came out of her consulting room and cheered Yippee fairly quietly well it sounded quiet to me but then my hearings knackered and Cath one of the nurses was walking past and she said did you just shout yippee then and I said yes I’ve just been put on 2 weekly visits instead of one and she was pleased for me.  I sort of had a spring in my step on the way back to the car and a big massive grin too; people must have thought I was going mad.  I went straight up to my mums for a coffee afterwards and a natter and to see the dog obviously.  They just had a new carpet put down on the weekend and I feels nice under your feet and there’s the smell of a new carpet you know the one there’s nothing quite the same.  When I finally got home I was a bit tired so I had a bit of a snooze before going over to our friends Sharon.  She’s our Godsons granny and we always catch up on what there doing from her which is nice as they’re growing up quickly now.
  
Well the heading “A Tale Of Two Half’s” your thinking what’s there about two half’s then? Well think no more here we go.

When we got back I run the bath ready for a nice soak and incidentally I forgot about it, good job the overflow was working okay otherwise this Blog would be a whole lot different let me tell you.  Well I finally got in and was having a soak  I suddenly thought hold on I want a rubber ducky to play with and a submarine and stuff in the bath, I quite miss them actually although I haven’t had them for I would guess about 28 years or so.  I used to spend hours in the bath and only get out when I was freezing cos the water had gone cold and step out looking like a wrinkly old man, there are some who would argue that I am one of them already but don’t listen to them they’re all telling lies I’m a mere spring chicken in disguise.  So sometime this week I’m going to go and buy myself some toys to play with in the bath and if I don’t like them I can always give them to the Godsons.  I’ll let you all know how I get on if I ever get back out the bath that is!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good news John on your hsopital visit Keep it up .. tell your mum to email me when she has time jacklyn Josie & mel says hi too

Jonny5 said...

Cheers Jacklyn and say Hi De Hi to old un's for me too. Tell me truthfully, do you feel the need to be drunk before, during, or after reading this Blog?, if not you must be madder than i thought!!

Anonymous said...

Well we are related!!! and oh I am on a lot of medication maybe that numbs the effect ha ha
mum is gone home now (peace)so i wioll ring her later take care Hi to all Jacklyn