Sunday, September 18

A Sad Day For Rallying!!


I just sat down to write all about my exciting day at the Wales Rally GB when the news came through that the Rally had been Stopped and cancelled following the Tragic Death of one of the Co-Drivers involved in a Fatal accident whilst competing in the Rally.  Marco Martin’s Peugeot co-driver Mike “Beefy” Park was pronounced dead at the scene following a crash where they had apparently left the road at great speed and hit a tree.  He had been involved in rallying for a long time and was one of the nice guys you could say.  Always cheerful and generally a great ambassador for the sport and will be greatly missed.  
It doesn’t feel quite right somehow writing about my great day out with my brother to watch the rally sort of puts things into perspective really.  I hope you appreciate that as my way of paying my respects I will not be publishing my daily rantings today and as they say normal service will resume tomorrow.  Thank you all for your understanding in this matter.

No comments: