Sunday, September 4

Hand In Hand

Hand In Hand!!

I just realised that this post does go on a bit so make sure you’re sitting comfortably and have suitably attired yourself with your chosen beverage and have nothing planned for the next hour or two.  Right then Shall I begin??  Ok.

Went and picked Judith up this morning and took her out for the day.  It was like being out on a date all over again and yes I did remember to wash behind my ears before I went.  She looked her usual gorgeous self.  We headed off to Porthcawl to do a bit of shopping our favourite pastime and just generally spend the day together which we haven’t done for a while.  You should have seen us walking up the high street hand in hand and very much in love. Aww Sweet!!!  We stopped for a bite to eat and a cuppa in this quaint little restaurant in like this Antique Centre quite oldie worldy type place.  After we’d had a little walk around we headed off to Bridgend town centre to spend some more money, well it’s no good to you when your gone is it? It’s quite deceiving how big Bridgend Town Centre is and you sort of don’t realise how far you’ve actually walked away from the car park and when you’ve finished you have to walk the same distance back again which in my condition is no mean feat let me tell you.  So once we’d boosted the profits of the local Holland & Barrett store we headed off back to the car, well you should have seen me, puffing and panting like an old man my body was trying it’s best to make me stop or at least slow down but I knew if I did I would never get going again and as you couldn’t get the car anywhere near to where we were that would be disastrous.  Well I finally made it back to the car and what a welcome sight it was too my poor legs just couldn’t wait to sit down and my chest was going like a good un.  After a short while I managed to get my breath back and we headed off home.  I went in the house with Judith which felt a bit weird after being away for a while and she showed me her latest game that she’s bought for the pute which is all about puzzles and stuff looks right up Judith’s street but not mine really but hey it takes allsorts I suppose.  We were both knackered so decided to have a snooze Judith Upstairs in bed and me on the sofa downstairs as usual, well no I just needed to have something to eat so went downstairs and afterwards didn’t want to disturb her so stayed down there.  I eventually left a while afterwards which was Heart Wrenching as it had been a lovely day and I didn’t want it to end. Well back to Newport just missed all the traffic from the Footie on in Cardiff today thank god although I did come across a wide load on the motorway which was taking out the hard shoulder and lane 1.  Why move it this time of day when the football is about to finish and you’ve got thousands of people trying to get home in there cars and coaches etc.   Bad planning I would say!!!  
Listen to this right if you wanted to connect your computer up to Broadband upstairs but the Telephone socket was in the room opposite which of the following would you do, bear in mind this is not a trick question??
  1. Run a length of Telephone cabling from the socket around the Skirting Boards etc into the room you want and add a socket to the end of it, or even run a Flat Cable extension lead under the carpet to the room you want It in prob at a cost of about £5 or so.          

                                           OR

  1. Pay out around £95 for a Wireless Router/Modem and a Wireless Network Card and install the card on the pute obviously and the Router in the room that has the Phone Socket in at the moment

Well try explaining to Dave that option A is but far the easiest and cheapest and less troublesome he just won’t have it, well you know what it’s not my money or time so I don’t give a damn go knock yourself out Dave, stubborn arse!!  
Up to my Mums for a few days tomorrow and really looking forward to it although obviously a bit apprehensive as amongst other things I haven’t lived at home for probably around 18 years, but I think it will give me or us for that matter a chance to try and get to know each other again somewhat.

So watch this space Pop Pickers for the daily news from the Bald Nutter With No Teeth (until Wednesday anyway)!!!!

No comments: