Saturday, September 17

Got That Friday Feeling!!

Well what a day Friday was.  It was planned to be a nice peaceful day, although still being out for most of the day there was no pressure just getting things done.  All I had to do really was to drive into Cardiff Town Centre to put a form in the bank and then pop into the sales office outside the Millennium Stadium and purchase two tickets for me and my Brother for one of Rally Stages on Saturday.  Well the drive in was nice and relaxing listening to bit of AC/DC and some Opera, I think it was from Rigoletto if I remember, well you know my taste in music and if you don’t well basically I DON’T HAVE NONE!!  Anything and Everything in Moderation is my motto.  Well back to my day.  After the relaxing drive in is where it started to go wrong.  I had to drive round and round the block in town about 3 times before I could get a space to pull in and get the tickets and when I did eventually I had a long walk as well so I was none too pleased when after having to queue as well, I was told “I’m sorry all the single stage tickets are sold out and you’ll have to buy them on the day”, well blinking thank you I thought, well maybe not them precise words.  So back to the car and a short drive to the other side of town to the bank which after the last fiasco went without a hitch parked easily was in and out in a jiffy and managed to buy a nice warm Chicken & Stuffing Baguette on the way back to the car.  It was gorgeous apart from the Top half of the Baguette was too hard for me to eat and the bottom half which was a lot softer still managed to cut my mouth to pieces, but the stuffing was nice oh and the chicken..  Well next stop on my whirlwind tour is up to see my Mum & Dad and Jemma too.  Would you know it after the messing around in Town I lost my concentration for a split second at probably the most critical road junction on the route and ended up having to drive through the country lanes instead of nice big main roads.  I like to think of it more like “Taking the Scenic Route” though like I planned it already.  Who am I kidding!!  Well after being greeted by the welcome party namely Jemma I sat and caught up on all the latest gossip.  Hey I do believe my Dad has got the hang of this strong coffee at last he got it spot on, cheers butty!!  Well eventually I started to have a clean up on Mum’s Computer.  Dear oh dear oh dear.  No Firewall apart from the Windows In built one, No Anti-Spy ware, well I tell a lie she did have Anti-Spy ware but it wasn’t working and enough Temp files and cookies to fill a couple of CD’s.  She also had umpteen programs that were set to start up with windows that were never used or need.  Well Downloaded Spybot an excellent FREE Anti-Spy ware tool and installed and run it and it found around 130 odd spy ware files straight away.  Next stop was to download a Firewall and install and run that too.  Then sort the rest of the other bits and pieces which was not that straight forward as some of the windows files and folders were saved in some really odd locations.  Well by the time I finished it was all singing and dancing and I was knackered.  Eventually after another fine cup of coffee I headed off home to get ready for the Rally on Saturday morning as it was going to be a case of early to bed early to rise.  I didn’t do a great deal in the evening really apart from having a bath and gathering up all my bit ready for the morning including making my sanni’s. I found this absolutely delicious strong Cheddar Cheese in Tesco’s called Black Bomber it is out of this world and it’s made in Wales too which is a bonus you ought to try it if you like strong cheese.  Right off to bed see you guys tomorrow.  

No comments: